HW: Ridicule

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Thu Feb 24 14:56:28 EST 2000

Did a little investigation last night on this, Yeah, mine is bronzing
as well, on the top only. I've also noticed this on some other discs
of mine, mid-period Test Dept.

Further examination revealed a clue! If you look at your copy of
Ridicule, at the inner ring, you'll see these words (may not be an
*exact* quote, it was late and my brain was still reeling from seeing
"Stomp!" - ye Gods, if you get a chance, go!)

Anyway, it says "Made in UK by PDO"

Guess what? The Test Dept discs with the same problem have the same
maker. I then looked at *every* UK-made disc I have (damn, that's a
lot of discs!), and none that weren't PDO were bronzed.

Looks like PDO is a small-time disc mfg that had something odd going
on in their process.....

scorch