HW: Gig sources for Stonehenge (This is Hawkwind, Do Not Panic)?

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Feb 25 16:53:52 EST 2000

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this ...

Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU> also wrote:
>>Also, who is playing on which tracks (is Ginger drumming on
>>everything up to the 12" tracks?)?

Yes, that's Ginger on record 1:
London  Lewisham Odeon  18.12.80        Thu     BR/BA/LL/HA/BK

Easy to tell by Keith Hale's mediocre keyboard playing, since mr. Baker was
Hawkwind's only drummer during Keith's tenure in the band.

>>I'd forgotten just how much I like this album!

The two tracks from '84 are some of my favorite live Hawkwind ever (well,
at least since 'Space Ritual'), with vastly superior (to Keith Hale)
keyboard/synth playing by Harvey.  Nice versions of "Angels of Death" &
"Death Trap" (w/Harvey vocals!) from the '80 show, too.  I have a lineup
question, though ...

Stonehenge      Festival        20.06.84        Wed     BR/DA/BA/LL/TH/TU
Stonehenge      Festival        21.06.84        Thu     BR/DA/BA/TH/TU

... that's Dave, Harvey, Nik, Alan and Danny both nights, but Huw only on
the first.  (sorry, I should look this up on the list FoFP & company
compiled a while back, but ...)  Huw's definitely on "Stonehenge Decoded"
(very recognizably his style, and it sounds like there are multiple synths
going, so Dave must be doing that and not guitar), so is "Watching the
Grass Grow" from the 21st, with only Dave on guitar?  Thanks,

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com