BOC: Bootlegs, trees and sharing the music

Brad M. Lauchnor blauchno at DEQ.STATE.UT.US
Mon Feb 28 16:43:10 EST 2000

Hey BOC folks. Things have been pretty quiet around here lately so I was thinking that I'd offer to set up a BOC tree. What's that? Its an effort to trade some BOC live shows around. I know that there are some people out there that trade shows but I thought that as a list we could all benefit from having some of the shows that are of the best quality and performance. Here's the deal. I will set up and administer the tree and burn CDR's for the branches of the tree. All the branches would do is send me blanks and postage and be responsible for getting the show out to their leaves. We could run it in several formats depending on the interest (Mini-disc, CDR, analog tape, etc.) Now the problem. I have only 3 BOC shows and none of them are of known generation. If someone has a good show that is a dat/CDR copy of a master tape  (audience or board) and would like to offer to trade with me I'll do the rest. Is there anyone out there that would be interested in providing the "seed" for this tree?

Want to know more about how it works? Try this link http://home.earthlink.net/~laburnett/tree/

I've taken part in trees on other mailing lists as an administrator, branch, and leaf. They work great and get the music out to the fans. I DO NOT want to set up a tree for commercially released material! No matter how hard it is to find.

I'm on digest mode right now so if you want to talk it over please email me directly.

Brad L.