BAJA PROG 2000

Michael S. Habiby cableshoppe at GLOBAL2000.NET
Mon Jan 3 11:13:20 EST 2000

Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 15:33:24 EST
From: LANPHOMUS at aol.com
Subject: BAJA PROG 2000 Update No. 5

Date: 02 Jan 2000

BAJA PROG 2000 Update No. 5

Hello Prog Fans:

The fourth edition of the annual Progressive Rock Festival Baja Prog to be
held from March 1 thru March 4 in Mexicali, Mexico, continues its
preparation
with full force. Here is a detailed list of events for each day:

Wednesday March 1:

Opening of Festival, "Teatro del Seguro Social", 8PM, us$5
- - EQUINOX (Panama). The central american band returns with a new lineup
which
includes a female lead singer.
http://www.1russ.com/
- - An unconfirmed band following Equinox (to be announced)

Thursday March 2:

 "Café Literario", 2PM, cover charge
- - KROMLECH (Mexico). A new promising group from Mexico City with a varied
style which includes symphonic, barroque and electronic passages.

"Teatro del Estado", 7PM, us$12
- - ECLAT (France). A new double live album from Eclat will be available at
the
festival.
http://www.alpes-net.fr/~simpsons/eclat_bioGB.html
- - NEXUS (Argentina). "Detras del Umbral" is their recent album, and
recording
for a new album is on the way.
- - THE FLOWER KINGS (Sweden). Tracks from their recent double studio album
will also be performed.
http://www.users.wineasy.se/flowerkings/etta.html

Friday March 3:

"Café Literario", 2PM, cover charge
- - TEN JINN (USA). It woudn't be a complete Baja Prog without the
appearance
of Ten Jinn.
http://www.loop.com/~tenjinn

"Teatro del Estado", 7PM, us$12
- - DRAMA (France). They bring their new album "21st Century".
http://www.musearecords.com/Bands/dram.html
- - ISILDURS BANE (Sweden)
http://www.isildursbane.se/
- - PALLAS (United Kingdom). "Beat the Drum" is their new album.
http://www.pallas-uk.com/images/bodypage.html

Saturday March 4:

"Teatro del Estado", 2PM, us$12
- - FIVE FIFTEEN (Finland)
http://www.novision.fi/fivefifteen/
- - HALLOWEEN (France). A new album from them is in the way.
http://www.musearecords.com/Bands/halloween.html
- - JADIS (United Kingdom). "Understand" is the title of their new album,
available at the festival.
http://www.dprp.vuurwerk.nl/bands/jadis/news.html
- - AFTER CRYING (Hungary). "Around the World Live", a double live album
which
includes performances from Baja Prog 99.
http://w3.datanet.hu/~aftercry/index.html

Closing of Festival afterwards (place to be announced)

For additional information regarding Baja Prog, you can check the following
web page:
http://www.1russ.com

NEW BAJA PROG RELATED MERCHANDISE:
- - QUIDAM "Live in Mexico 99" is a recording of their entire performance
during Baja Prog 99. Now available.
- - AFTER CRYING "Around the World Live", a double live album which includes
performances from Baja Prog 99.
- - CAST "Legacy", the 9th studio album from the host band. To be released
for
Baja Prog 2000
- - CAST "Laguna de Volcanes", new double disc compilation in spanish, to be
released by Luna Negra.
- - Various Artists "E-Progeny", a compilation of keyboard work by several
artists, recently released by Luna Negra and featuring Cast's keyboardist
Alfonso Vidales
- - Various Artists "Baja Prog 98", featuring some of the bands from that
festival, available from Musea Records.

HOTEL INFORMATION:
If you have not made your reservations already, please try to do so real
soon, since last year the hotel got booked up early due to an unforeseen
additional local event.

Hotel Araiza Inn Mexicali
Boulevar Benito Juarez 2220
Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
Telephone (52)(6) 564-1100
>>From Mexico toll free at 01-800-026-5444
>>From USA toll free at 1-800-927-2402
"Baja Prog" Rates:
- -Single room us$65
- -Double room us$70
- -Suite room us$100
These prices do not include 10% of IVA tax and 2% lodging tax.

TICKETS INFORMATION:
"Golden Circle" Tickets are still available, but not for long. The price for
the shows at the Teatro del Estado is us$12 for each day or us$36 for three
days. The first 100 Tickets will be reserved for the "Golden Circle" of
spectators, who will be seated among the first three rows at the "Teatro del
Estado". In order to get the preferred seats, advance ticket orders must be
received before January 31.

For those who want to order tickets in advance, you can do so by mail with
check or money order payable to CAST PRODUCTIONS and mail to:

CAST Productions
1600 W. La Jolla Dr. #2173
Tempe, AZ 85282
U.S.A.

Credit Card orders (Visa and MasterCard) are also available via Telephone at
(480) 642-5745 or by regular mail.

E-mail orders (LANPHOMUS at aol.com) are also accepted for ticket purchases,
but
delivery will be made after receipt of payment. We encourage you not to send
your credit card information by e-mail.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Coming from San Diego and Southern California. Depending where you are in
San
Diego, take either I-15 south, I-805 south or I-15 south to I-8 east (El
Centro). In about 1 hour and 45 minutes you will arrive in El Centro,
California. Continue on I-8 east until you see Hwy 111. Take Hwy 111 south
Calexico. In about 15 minutes you will arrive at Calexico. Continue driving
south on Imperial Avenue and after a few blocks you will be crossing the
international border into Mexicali.

Coming from Phoenix, Tucson, etc. Take I-8 west as if you were going to San
Diego. After about an hour from Yuma you will see Hwy 111. Take Hwy 111
south
to Calexico. In about 15 minutes you will arrive at Calexico. Continue
driving south on Imperial Avenue and after a few blocks you will be crossing
the international border into Mexicali.

TOURIST INFORMATION:
The following web page gives basic tourist information about Mexicali.
http://cgi.aros.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/sanbachs/mexico2.cgi/City=MXL

A SPECIAL NOTE:
Tickets for Saturday, March 4 were misprinted early. Please note that the
correct time for the first show on Saturday is 2 PM, not 7 PM.

Unfortunately our e-mailing list might contain addresses of people who are
not interested in receiving our flyers. If you want to be removed from our
list, please send an e-mail with "remove me" or "unsubscribe" as the
subject.

We would like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year
2000.
Until next time!

Progressively,

Members of CAST and the Consolidated Collaboration Group
LANPHOMUS at aol.com
cast at sahuaro.mxl.cetys.mx