HW: NZ

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jan 7 11:04:19 EST 2000

Andre asked...

>> > HAWKWIND TOUR NEW ZEALAND UPDATE
>> >  The following Hawkwind members are confirmed to arrive (plus
>>    lighting/sound
>> > staff and manager)in New Zealand 25th January 2000.
>> > HARVEY BAINBRIDGE
>> > DAVE BROCK
>> > RICHARD CHADWICK
>> > STEVEN EARL TAYLOR
>
>    who is he and is he poet .......

No, Steve Taylor is from Cleveland, OH and plays both bass and guitar.  He
was on bass for the StrangeWind '98 show (and Nik '99), but played guitar in
the Hawkwind cover band called 'Sun Machine,' that played a number of gigs
in Cleveland during '96-'98.  There was a tape running around here of their
first performance before the name Sun Machine was coined, labelled instead
as 'Angels of Death' band.  (also with Doug Walker of AP.)  Before all this,
he played with Nick Riff, another Ohioan and the lone American
representative on the Delerium label perhaps.

When I talked to him at the Gong show in Cleveland (he was actually tour
manager of that final bit), he told me that Dave had asked him if he could
fill in on bass for any future shows over here in the states, presumably
because of visa difficulties with Ron.  I imagine then, that this is exactly
why he's on the bill for NZ.

Keith H. (FAA)