Synths: Tim Blake and EMS

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Jan 9 10:12:27 EST 2000

Tim Blake used to demonstrate EMS synths prior to his joining Gong. You can still get new EMS synths (and they have a web-site), but they cost! I last had my hands on one in 1979. I was going to buy a Mini-Moog but decided to hang off, by that point prices were inflating. I ended up buying a Pro-One (a monophonic version of the Prophet) - was this the last analogue mono synth produced? - the Mini-Moog was gone by this point replaced by the, digital, Moog-Source. The Pro-One still sounds good (****ing brilliant actually); but one day I will buy that EMS..............and mellotron!

Dave