HW: Hawkwind at Strange Daze 98 MPEG audio

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Jan 12 22:21:04 EST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Kevin Sommers wrote:

=> > On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Michael Habiby wrote:

=> > => As it is not copyrighted this concert has been posted to
=> > => alt.binaires.sounds.MP3.bootlegs and cross posted in ....1970's, ...
=> >
=> > So does this mean we can expect to see _Masters of the Universe '98_ on
=> > some obscure Italian label appear in the Codex in the near future? ;-)
=> No, I guess we see "Starfire Mountain Dreaming" on eBay.......

=> > (Actually, the concert must be copyrighted by someone [the person who
=> > recorded it]; I just don't know by whom!  Someone uploaded it to my FTP
=> > site, and I just moved it to the download area as a service to BOC-L
=> > folks.  I sincerely hope it doesn't end up as a bootleg as a result.)
=> Too late (see above).

It's sad to see my prophecy come true. :-(  But, the best way to deal
with this is to point out to eBay that the auction in question is
selling a bootleg item and they will yank it.  If the seller persists in
auctioning bootlegs, eBay will end up banning him or her from selling on
eBay.

People on the Gov't Mule list, for example, get rogue Gov't Mule items
removed from eBay all the time.  EBay are very receptive to policing
illegal items, apparently, because they are very self-conscious about
maintaining a good public image.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu