HW: $tarry $tarry Night

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jan 13 12:37:47 EST 2000

Stephan Spiegel writes:

> I'm the guilty one for running up the price.
> But I've got this sickness for getting anything
> that has Hawkwind written on it.  (You can
> write Hawkwind on the side of a beer can, and
> I'll buy it from you).  All I mean't to do, was just
> bump up the price a little.  But I kept getting
> these messages "Someone Has Outbid You"
> ...and my eyes started to get red....my blood
> pressure began to rise...."How dare someone
> outbid me ! !"

Yeah, I have the same virus. I remember once being in a pub and bidding
in an auction for the "Watchfield and Stonehenge/Live and Kicking" LP,
with a deadline at midnight. I'd phone up and be told I'd been outbid
and would raise the ante. Finally I got it at 80 quid. Of course what I
don't know is whether the seller was simply upping the ante to see how
far I'd go...

> Then I smacked myself after 45
> bucks and said "Get hold of yourself - Boy"
> Let him have it.  You can get it on the web,

I'll definitely have this on CD in the run doing the '99 tree stuff for
Dan and Bernhard. That'll be after I get back from Switzerland and so
should be by the end of the month (no, really this time, all the
hardware is set up).

> and
> Dave ain't in it !  It ain't HW W/O Dave.

Some tracks aren't half bad though: Assault & Battery/Golden Void/
Spirit of the Age/ Brainstorm/In Your Area.

FoFP