HW: Hawkwind at Strange Daze 98 MPEG audio

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 13 13:53:29 EST 2000

hi gang,
here's  some observations from a fellow rather closely associated w/Strange
Daze, heh.

=====
DASLUD at aol.com wrote:

> hi jim
> i know not to bomb you w/stuff, but thot this subject might have interest...
> "<>"
====
<<Yes, thanks. No biggie!

My only concern was that a guy by the name of Gene Dulyn taped the show with
some pretty pro equipment and promised Hawkwind and me that we would get
copies
of it. It was pretty good too. He knew what he was doing! But he never gave it
to us and hasn't been returning our phone calls. I would only get pissed if
this
was his tape surfacing. Not just because someone was selling it, but because
we
didn't get a copy of it first. That's the least someone could do for us if we
are nice enough to let all this recording go on without hassling people!

The ease that which things can be recorded and duplicated in this Age of
Information makes all the old copyright laws archaic and obsolete. The only
people that can or REALLY should be chased down about it would be any "officia
l"
company that would manufacture and put out thousands of these in the open
market.

The occasional fan/concert taper who can find a sucker to pay this kind of
money
for a marginal to shitty recording with no high fidelity is just lucky!

I already wrote the man and his name is Ande Tucker. He said that he doesn't
really know the origin of the tape??? I have asked him to burn a copy and send
it to me so I can see if this could be Gene Dulyn's tape. He hasn't yet wrote
me
back that he would. I'm waiting to hear from him.

Feel free to slander the mother f*cker (Gene Dulyn, not Ande Tucker) on the
BOC-L.

slander administered, doc.

and there thou goest.

"<>"