HW: audio interview...

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jan 14 12:46:06 EST 2000

Hi Folks...

Just happened to pass by this page for an old 70s radio program in Chicago,
that claims to have a bunch of interviews on tape.  Hawkwind is among them.
It says they plan to start offering the audio for download (only two are
available now), and I thought maybe with some encouragement from us, perhaps
they'd put Hawkwind up at the top of the list to prepare.

I gather from the photo that this interview might have been done in 1977 (or
was it 1978?), literally hours before the final Hawkwind concert when they
broke up.  [The Spirit of the Age performance (IIRC pretty good, but for the
feedback problems) on F&R II is from this gig, is that right?  Does all of
this concert exist?]  Looks like Brock/Calvert/King/Shaw?/Swindells? lineup
in that bad photo. If so, it might be an interesting interview to hear, just
before things came to a head.  Simon H. would have just quit days before,
and Calvert must have been off in his own world, and with only a single
sword (right, Bill?).

http://pages.ripco.net/~saxmania//triadinterviews.html

Keith H. (FAA)