HW:Re Kittyhawks

Mon Jan 17 15:31:11 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 03:21:00PM +1100, Lawrence, Marty [IBM GSA] wrote:
> David wrote:
> I seem to remember an project to unite all of the ex-Hawkwind members, at
> the time, for a series of gigs in London under the name Kittyhawks. I think
> this was about 1976/7. It aborted apparently due to clashing egos.....or may
> be they realised that there wasn't much point to it without Dave Brock! Any
> of you archivists got anything to add? Hey, there might even be an
> ex-member, or two, lurking who can provide a first hand account.
>

> There were some Gigs organised at the Electric Ballroom in 1978 by
> ex-members in supposed protest of the Hawklords concept.
> Cant remember why the gig didn't happen though,I remember the ad that was in
> sounds as it included "Andy Colloghan ? " or
> similar who had never been in the band.I think the ex members were
> nik,lemmy,simon house.

        Would that be Andy Colquhoun of the Deviants and Pink Fairies
Mk., um, let's say 5? He's at least connected through Paul Rudolph and
Alan Powell. Simon House is faintly surprising though as he was on _25
Years On_, which at least suggests he didn't object to the idea of
Hawklords. Interesting concept all the same. By my reckoning even in '78
if you'd got all ex-members there you'd have had three bass players, one
guitarist, three more who could do either, two drummers (counting Twink,
who, let's face it, would have got in there somehow) and Del and Nik, as
well as Michael Moorcock. And that's leaving out people who'd quit music
like Terry Ollis and Dik Mik (and Stacia of course).

        Fun idea to play with... Yours,
                                        Jon

ObCD: The Brain Surgeons - _Malpractice_

--
 |                Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge              |