HW: Re Audio Interview

dhuggins dhuggins at HYPERNOVA.NET
Mon Jan 17 16:40:33 EST 2000

At 05:11 PM 1/17/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>At 15:11 17.1.2000 +1100, you wrote:
>>I always thought that the SOTA from F&R II was actually the same track from
>>the weird tape at Stonehenge,
>>I wrote to Brian Tawn about this and he replied that might be right.
>>Bernhard ?
>
>The SOTA version from F&R II is from Chicago 1978
>

>Bernhard

        And if I am remembering correctly, the pitch is off (or another Bob
Calvert-era song on that album).  When it first came out, I listened to it
and the QS&C versions side by side, and they were different pitches (I
believe QS&C was the higher -correct- pitch).  If you have an
adjustable-speed turntable, just tweak the F&R II version and you will see
what I mean.  When doing so, you might also notice that Bob's vocals sound
distinctly different at certain pitches, and with the wrong-speed F&R II
version it is noticeable.

(Now, it has been years since this one came out, so don't pile on me too
hard if my recollection is faulty.)

                                Dave