HW:Re Kittyhawks

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Jan 17 18:20:30 EST 2000

"Lawrence, Marty [IBM GSA]" wrote:

> David wrote:
> I seem to remember an project to unite all of the ex-Hawkwind members, at
> the time, for a series of gigs in London under the name Kittyhawks. I think
> this was about 1976/7. It aborted apparently due to clashing egos.....or may
> be they realised that there wasn't much point to it without Dave Brock! Any
> of you archivists got anything to add? Hey, there might even be an

The way I heard it there was only one gig set up for Kittyhawks and it
was either due to happen in a pub or they all arranged to meet up in a
pub first.  Either way I think that the enjoyment of drinking proved
rather more alluring than the idea of playing so it never actually went
ahead.

But this could all just be some wild gossip that bears no relation to
the reality of what was really happening at the time.  I have no way to
prove it since I was just an innocent young secretary in Edinburgh at
the time trying to hide "Warrior on the Edge of Time" from the horrified
ears of my parents.

Sigh.  Weren't those the days.
jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or