OFF: CDs/LPs spotted, Bay Area stuff, etc.

Miikka Wagner micci at SCI.FI
Wed Jan 19 10:12:09 EST 2000

Hi!

>One of the newly-released Twink (the Pink Fairies/Pretty
>Things/Tomorrow/Pinkwind/etc. drummer, of course, not the keyboard roadie!)
>albums, 'Unreleased Experimental Tapes' (or something along those lines),
>is incredible!  It's unfinished tapes from 69/70 of (mostly) heavy drumming
>and completely freaked-out Moog synthesizer noise (it was described to me
>as sounding like Throbbing Gristle in parts, and indeed it does), along
>with a few psych song bits that sound like outtakes from 'Think Pink'.
>There's another new album of old (70s/80s, I think) Twink stuff that I
>haven't yet checked out, given the dodginess of some of that guy's work.
>But this 'Experimental Tapes' one is definitely worth it (as long as you're
>into electronic weirdness).

Yes, whole name is The Lost Experimental Recordings 1970. I think it´s good.
Very surprising album from Twink. It´s availabel both formats LP and CD. LP
is g/f.

>And, one of those Italian labels that's been reissuing cool stuff left &
>right (Get Back, Abraxas, etc.) has put out a legit (I think?) reissue of
>the Sam Gopal 'Escalator' album.  I picked up a vinyl reissue (gatefold,
>heavy vinyl), so I'm not sure if it's available on CD.  Sounds better than
>the previous bootleg CD, as far as I can tell.  Real nice 60s fuzz/psych
>music with tablas instead of a drumkit, and guitar/lead vocals by Lemmy
>(post-Rockin' Vicars, pre-Opal Butterfly).

This one is also available on CD.

Miikka Wagner
email: micci at sci.fi
http://www.sci.fi/~micci