HW: Glastonbury vote

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jan 21 04:15:01 EST 2000

In message <004701bf639d$de308400$a8c0a8c0 at hudson>, Kevin Perry
<kevin.perry at VIRGIN.NET> writes
>Thanks - 287 now, but...
>
>Radiohead 344 6.08%
>
>And I can think of few bands I'd less rather see anywhere.

oh, I can. Admittedly, I preferred the early stuff to the miserable-ist
direction they've pursued but if it's them or West Life, I think I'd
plump for Radiohead.

I'd prefer Super Furry Animals though. or the Universal Pansies.

Anyone heard the Universal Pansies album? I bought it because A) it's on
Julian Cope's Head Heritage label and B) because it was touted as
sounding like a cross between Hawkwind and Joy Division.

Imagine my surprise when it really *did* sound like a cross between
Hawkwind and Joy Division. Levitation era HW, to be precise.

only with a funny accent
--
Jon
obCD Lindsay Muir's Untamed "It's All True" produced by Shel Talmy