BOC: Various

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Jan 21 10:33:57 EST 2000

On 21 Jan 00, at 11:10, Mark Stears wrote:

>   Hey  John and Theo...
>                             I have owned 2 Modulus 6 str. basses, and
>                             used
> them religiously for the last 7 years.

Doesn't Oteill endorse Modulus?  Say no more!

 ...... Another
> recent acquisition is a Music Man Stingray 5 str. which I've
> customized with a Moses Graphite neck. Another great bass!

Although, for a while, Music Man offered a graphite neck option
factory-installed.  Can't remember who made the necks...

>     Don't get me wrong, I still love old Fenders and such, and have
>     owned
> about  15 Fenders over the years, but for my money I'll save up a
> little longer and stick with composite neck insts.

But don't many of the newer Fender basses have carbon
reinforcement in addition to a steel truss rod, a la Carvin?  Gives you
traditional looks with enhanced stability.  I'm thinking of incorporating
carbon reinforcement into a guitar I'm building now, as I use
somewhat heavy strings [for a r'n'r player] and the truss rod on my
Amer. Std. Strat is already maxed out...

theo