BOC: Various

Mark Stears Modulus6bass at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 21 12:01:10 EST 2000

  The Music Man Cutlass I referred to , and all of its' brethren
incorporated a Modulus neck. Also, the incorporation of composites in Fender
Instruments is a relatively recent addition, albeit a very logical one. I
still prefer the fully composite neck, myself. Once you get used to the feel,
(feels a lot like most any high gloss finish, to my hands) it's easy to
overcome the not-wood stigma.  One of my "Moduli" has a wooden fingerboard,
and I have never liked it as much as its'  fully-composite  evil twin....but
again, this is only my opinion, and should be taken as such. You could do
worse than adding composite reinforcement to your project guitar. Best of
luck, whatever you decide to do!