HW/OFF: Aural Innovations #9

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jan 24 11:44:37 EST 2000

Tim commented...

>np - Live at Palace Springs

That one isn't exactly Live *at* Palace Springs, as I assume PS is 'made
up.'  A bastardization of Alice Springs, Australia I presume.  I don't know
why though, seeing it's from the American tour.  Anyone know what this is
supposed to mean?

As far as Oz goes, I'm very glad to see that the band are at least going to
do three shows over there, though it would certainly have been nice to cover
more of the country.  Two shows in Sydney and the other (Byron Bay?) is
apparently near Brisbane, is that right Paul?  Well, let's hope that lots of
folks actually hear about the gigs and can make the travel arrangements in
time.  Who's all going?  And what's this Happy Valley festival like?  I
searched online for it, and only found a passing mention in one site.

>(Hey Keith, from your demo tapes you're responsible for me getting two Ashra
>albums and a Stereolab.)

Oh, cool...which Ashra's did you get?  Hopefully, the ones with Tempel at
the end. :)

You preferred Stereolab to Komeda?  Hmmm....I thought Stereolab was a little
stale in their stylishness compared to Komeda, who livened up the Can
rhythms into something quite fun.  [I would've named them CanAbbaS actually.
:) ]  But then, I guess I have a bit of a 'thing' for Lena Karlsson, and not
so much of one for Laetitia.

Keith H. (FAA)