HW: Collector's Series

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Mon Jan 24 14:24:12 EST 2000

At 11:06 24.1.2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Regarding the 'Atomehenge' CD-R boot on Lone Wolf Records, you're correct
>about the sound quality (and the Lone Wolf 'Quark Night In Paris' sounds
>even worse!), but it's only a single CD, while the "Collector Series"
>version is listed as a double CD.  Hopefully, if the "Collector Series"
>release is taken from the same tape, it will get a bit of digital cleanup
>before release.  My copy of the LWR 'Atomhenge' sounds much better when I
>play it through a BBE Sonic Maximizer (a rackmount device intended to
>improve sound quality for live club performances or for home/project studio
>recordings - running well-recorded sounds through the unit results in
>little change, but it works wonders with poor-quality live recordings), so
>there are definitely ways to improve the sound.

I've got here a better (sound quality) tape from the same gig which is
longer than the LWR produktion. Here is the track list:

27.09.1976, BRISTOL, COLSTON HALL, 80/10
intro / reefer madness / paradox / chronoglide skyway / hassan i sahba /
brainstorm / wind of change / instrumental / steppenwolf / uncle sam's on
mars / time for sale / back on the streets / sonic attack / kerb crawler

I've managed to get this tape burned by a good friend (RW) on a double CD-R.
I am VERY pleased with the sound quality!!

Please notice that there is a short instrumental before STEPPENWOLF on my
tape.

cheers
Bernhard