HW/OFF: Sloterdijk in Trenton

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jan 25 12:56:12 EST 2000

Forwarded from Spacerockers...Sloterdijk is a Strange Daze vet BTW.
For those in the NYC/Philadelphia/Baltimore area.  I think members of Born
To Go may be coming along also.

Keith H. (FAA)
Hello everyone, Mike Burro of Sloterdijk here.
It's the time of year when my alter ego, ARTIMUS, resurfaces and begins
to play acoustic music in little places..

Now some of you may remember last spring's "For The People Tour", which
was a real blast.  At this time I have no plans for an ARTIMUS tour because
Sloterdijk is keeping me very, very busy, however ARTIMUS will be making an
appearance in Trenton, New Jersey on Saturday, February 5th, and YOU are
invited!!!

You are invited not just to listen, but to play as well...We will be
playing at: The Greenstreet Ice Cream Cafe & Coffeeouse
893 South Broad Street. Trenton New Jersey.

This is an open mic event, so it will not be a terribly long set, but we
are asking others to sign up the same night, and thus make it a sort of
surprise social event..

I understand that not everyone plays both electric/electronic music and
acoustic/semi acoustic music, but if you do, I encourage you to sign up
and play...If you have questions about what type of equipment setup is
appropriate, I strongly encourage you to call the coffeeshop and ask
them, so as to avoid not being able to play..

Now sign-up is at 6:30 p.m. with the first act to begin at 7:00 p.m. The
program will continue till 10:30 p.m.

Phone number is: (609) 392-6870
Please let me know if you plan to play, by e-mailing me, as I'd like to
know so that I can continue to update information..

ARTIMUS & Friends will include:
Artimus (Mike Burro): Acoustic guitar, vocals
Jay Adcock : djembe & brushed snare drum
Robert McConnel: Bass Guitar
Rob Baker: Acoustic guitar

Our material for the evening will include songs by:
David Bowie, Marc Bolan,The Rutles (Neil Innes), Hawkwind, Syd Barrett
and more if time permits....depends on the turnout..
Peace, Mike Burro