OFF: ST 37 review

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Jan 25 16:25:27 EST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:18:19 -0500, Keith Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>Review from Magnet Magazine (www.magnetmagazine.com)...
>
>I agree...this is a really good album.  Keith H. (FAA)
>
>ST 37: I Love To Talk, If There's Anything To Talk About

[...review snipped...]

I must also add that this is a truly great album.  It has been fantastic to
hear ST37 progress over the course of their five full-length albums (plus
numerous cassettes, singles, compilations and a split album w/Voco Kesh),
and this is easily their best yet (take note, 'Spaceage' fans!).  It's also
nice that they're finally on a well-distributed indie label, so you
actually might be able to find it at your local CD shop.

In the same sessions, they also recorded another Eno cover ("Seven Deadly
Finns", slated for a tribute album), as well as the Germs' (going back to
their punk roots again!) "Land of Treason" (no idea who's gonna put THAT
out!).

Hopefully we'll get to see them at SD2000 ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com