HW: lyrics

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu Jan 27 13:58:43 EST 2000

K Henderson schrieb:

> D-Rider isn't one of the ones in the Lyric book is it?  Not that the lyric
> book isn't without its share of errors.
>
> Is Andreas still around?  Where did you get the lyrics from to do the book?
> And are you still working on the calligraphy for a second book and when
> should this become reality?  Paul W. suggested once that they planned to do
> it a couple years ago, right?

Yes, I´m still around, but mostly at lurking mode only. An yes, D-Rider isn´t in
the lyric book. I had nothing to do with this book at all. It was done by John
Coulthart and Nick Randles in 1982 - when I bought my 1st HW record.

In 87 I started doing some artwork for Hawkfan (first results in issue 17). Then
Brian asked me to do some illustrated lyrics, since the lyric book included not
all the lyrics. He sent me some (Standing at the edge in # 18, High Rise in #
20, Wings in # 21, Sword of the East in # 22, Mask of the Morning in # 23,
Arrival in Utopia in # 24, Heads in # 26 and The War I survived in # 27 ), for
which he spent a lot of time, because he wanted them to be as perfect as
possible. For Wings he asked Alan for help, and for Lost Johnny he sent my sheet
to Lemmy who corrected it personally - I still have a copy of this. Funnily he
didn´t write the words at all, it was Mick Farren. Anyway, I think this will
finally see the light of day in one of the next issues - in maybe 5 years or so.

I also did Back in the box, Black Elk speaks, Dreaming city, D-Rider, Ejection,
Lighthouse, Out of the shadows, The right stuff and Treadmill. But they are all
not corrected yet, so I believe this will have to wait for release for some
years. A lot of HW lyrics (and BOC ones) can be found in the Mike Moorcock music
book Brian put out 2 years ago, all illustrated by me. I believe Brian still has
some copies left - buy it straight away while they are still there, folks! It
was a limited edition of 750 copies, and it´s a great read.

Andreas