BOC: Black Blade lyrics

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 27 15:14:20 EST 2000

In a message dated 1/27/00 1:56:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sprawl at STARPOWER.NET writes:

<< I have accounted for every single word on that lyric sheet. (Except that I
 think they
 were taken from the studio version.) The words that you are not hearing are
 the voice
 of Stormbringer.  If you listen closely enough, you can hear them in the
 machine-
 like voice. They are done in the background.

 RJ >>

Actually, there are a lot of lines in the lyrics that came with ETL that do
not appear in the song Black Blade, including the Stormbringer section.  They
are as follows:

-----

There are ruins in my past
There are ruins in my destiny

That there's freedom in my blade

And its cosmic song--it goes on too long

It's the evilest weapon that ever was made

Singing for eternity

Death in the Flames
The Earth, the Sky, the Sea

Doesn't care if I'm willing

The rest of the listed lyrics are parts of the song, but they're all mixed
up, scattered, and reorganized.  I imagine the lyrics as printed are as
Moorcock wrote them, in which case it's interesting to see how BOC took the
lyrics and adapted them to the music.  Of course, the Hawkwind folks here can
probably give us more info on this process. :-)

Steven Tice
Calliope Comics