BOC: Shooting Shark

Erebus erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Fri Jan 28 00:43:46 EST 2000

Johnny Firich wrote:

> >                    I found on Usenet a mention of this fella as a
> >one-time BOC drummer; anyone got any further info?
>
> He's the "N. Smith" who co-wrote "Shadow of California". He's mentioned once
> or twice in the FAQ.
>
> Speaking of tRbN, I posted a question a few days ago - does anyone know what
> "Shooting shark" means?
>
> Guess not.

     Well in one part of the video Buck is looking skyward, and sees a graphic
of what appears to be a comet. I'm thinking it's a comet because it has a tail.
He sees this during the "three times I've seen the shooting shark, lighting up
the sky" lyric. This might just simple be some idea the producer had, and
nothing really pertinent to what a "Shooting Shark" really is, whatever that
might be, but valid for this discussion none the less.