HW: Alien/Love In Space

Thu Jul 6 19:04:00 EDT 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, david hall wrote:

> With the talk of HW old and new am I alone in thinking that the Alien
> cd, tour, and subsequent live release are some of the best material
> that the band has produced?

        I think the problem with _Alien4_ is that it was pretty good. And
then they released _Love In Space_ which blows it away. Given how painful
the bad tracks on _Alien4_ are (I really don't get on with `Festivals'),
there is really very little reason to own both, IMO.

        That said, I do play _Alien4_ sometimes because it has a garagey
feel to it which is lacking in most other 90s material (not in a bad way,
mind, just lacking), but if I had to sell 10 of my CDs... Yours,
                                                                 Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |