OFF: SD2K

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jul 14 11:54:32 EDT 2000

Chuck writes...

><< I've attended all of them and always had a great time as well, but I admit
> was a little alarmed by last year's low turnout.  The worst thing about it
> was that when Nik came on, all of a sudden all these people appeared from
> out of the woods/campsite and things finally looked like a festival.  When
> most of the other bands were playing, however, there were maybe 30-50 people
> milling around.  That's why I hope that people will support the tour this
> year in spite of the obvious disappointment we all feel.>>
>
>---was it just me, or was ST-37 not on the bill this time?

Ummmm...I don't get what you're asking/saying, man.  Is this a factual
question about what the lineups were/are, or is this an expressed opinion?

Anyway, the facts are...no, ST37 was not on the bill last year (they came in
1998), but they're on the bill again this year (2000).

I really like their new CD, 'I like to talk...' and am really looking
forward to seeing them again.  But I don't suppose that there are too many
folks making their decision about whether to go to SD2K based on their
presence or not.  It's not as they're as well known as Hawkwind or anything.

Jim's site lists TBA on the Sat. 9-11 slot now, and I wonder what he's going
to do.  My vote would be for a 'Sun Machine' reunion show (note the irony),
assuming the two Steves would be there, Doug W., Dann Diefer (where's he
been the last few years?), and a Marianetti or two.  At least we could
pretend Hawkwind was there, and the really drunk and/or stoned people
probably wouldn't know the difference anyhoo.

Grakkl (FAA)