OFF: SD2K

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 14 14:37:16 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/14/00 9:59:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

>  Chuck writes...
>
>  ><< I've attended all of them and always had a great time as well, but I
> admit
>  > was a little alarmed by last year's low turnout.  The worst thing about
it
>  > was that when Nik came on, all of a sudden all these people appeared from
>  > out of the woods/campsite and things finally looked like a festival.
When
>  > most of the other bands were playing, however, there were maybe 30-50
> people
>  > milling around.  That's why I hope that people will support the tour this
>  > year in spite of the obvious disappointment we all feel.>>
>  >

No, no, chuckrecs didn't write that.

>  >---was it just me, or was ST-37 not on the bill this time?

he did write that, though.

>  Ummmm...I don't get what you're asking/saying, man.  Is this a factual
>  question about what the lineups were/are, or is this an expressed opinion?

factual question?? what you been smokin' Henderson?? :)

>  Anyway, the facts are...no, ST37 was not on the bill last year (they came
in
>  1998), but they're on the bill again this year (2000).

ah, sehr gut. i just didn't recall seeing them on the lists i'd seen for 2K.

>  I really like their new CD, 'I like to talk...' and am really looking
>  forward to seeing them again.

hmmm...i'm a little disappointed w/this one actually. space-age was more
varied (is that because it's actually a collection of different sessions?),
and the fx were mixed a little higher. whine, whine. but I'm glad to see it's
getting some pretty decent distribution. still looking for the "Invisible
College" CD...

  But I don't suppose that there are too many
>  folks making their decision about whether to go to SD2K based on their
>  presence or not.  It's not as they're as well known as Hawkwind or
anything.

no, but in my book, space-rock gods, as Doug said.

Chuck