Star Nation

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jul 18 15:42:49 EDT 2000

On 18 Jul 00, at 15:35, Michael Habiby wrote:

> I second that. Just read this yesterday. EVERYONE should read it.
>
> Although I don't think her music is "crap". I respect her work but
> don't like it.
>
> A read of this article will, however show her to be a very well spoken
> artist.

While she doesn't make the kind of music I'm naturally drawn to, I do
find her a very well-spoken individual.  I like her movie work better
than her records.

I thought her essay was great, esp. the line to the effect of:
'...with a record label, I'm almost giving away my music for nothing,
so what's the big deal about Napster...'

BTW, I've never actually heard an MP-3 [sounds like a German
submachine gun!]  Is the sound quality as bad as Courteney says?

theo