OFF: The Wire

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Jul 19 17:19:37 EDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:37:41 +0100, Andy Gilham
<Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM> wrote:
>(I had to take issue with the Fushitsusha live review in the same issue
>though, which failed to mention that most of the audience drifted off to the
>pub...)

Isn't that a "given"?  Sounds typical for the Fushitsusha shows I've seen.
There's usually about two-dozen guys right up at the stage with their
mouths wide open and blank
"I've-just-gone-blind-from-looking-at-the-face-of-god" expressions on their
faces, while the back of the venue contains the girlfriends of the quarter
of the guys who: A) actually have girlfriends B) were stupid enough to
bring them, huddling together with hands over ears, one occasionally
venturing up to pull on oblivious boyfriend's jacket in vain attempt to get
him to abandon the horrible noise.  And no one in the middle ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com

(no offense intended to: A> women who can appreciate Japanese psychedelic
noise rockers [or not], B> guys who bring their girlfriends to shows
they're guaranteed to hate, C> guys into Japanese noise rockers who are too
nerdy to have a girlfriend; offense *is* intended, however, to musicians of
any nationality who whine about not having an appropriately-colored pre-CBS
vintage Telecaster provided for them and then proceed to blow the borrowed
amp[s] they're using in retaliation)