OFF: digital cameras

Sun Jul 23 12:07:34 EDT 2000

> The Sony Digital Mavicas are even easier: just take out the 3.5" floppy,
> put it in your floppy drive, and view the JPEGs (or BMPs)!  No messing
> around with cabling or extraneous software...
>
> Cheers,

I looked into those, but the trouble is that the storage capacity of a
floppy is too low - I took about 15 Mb worth of jpegs on Friday (I've
cropped and resized the ones I've published).  What I got in the end was the
Sony Cybershot dsc-f505, which has a fantastic Zeiss lens (10x optical zoom)
and 2.1 Megapixel imaging, and jacked the memory up to 64Mb, which I hope
will be more than I'll ever need.  The USB link is great, you just plug it
in and it's like an extra hard disk, and almost as fast.

'Course, that was before last Christmas, so it's bound to be out of date by
now!

> Paul (diehard 35mm film user).

It's a lot like vinyl vs CD, I feel that in a way I really prefer film, but
digital is just so much more convenient!  Especially when you're putting
most of your pictures on the web anyway.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk