HW: Stralian TV and Bronze Promo video 1980: FAO Bernhard

David Holden Hawkfan at ZAROZINIA.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Jul 29 07:59:59 EDT 2000

In article <200007270100.CAA19381 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>William Duffy writes:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Just thought I'd remind everyone in Australia (Not that they should need
>> reminding!) that Thursday is the day Hawkwind make their appearance on
>> Studio 22 on ABC-TV.
>> For those not familiar with the show, It's usually a 30 minute performance
>> by the featured band, & may even have some interviews?
>
>Just seen this, Pretty good, though maybe overusing the echo effect.
>
>Also in the package: Bronze promo video from 1980:
>
>Who's Gonna Win the War?
>World of Tiers
>Levitation
>
>This is in a (TV?) studio with Dave wearing tons of black face paint. I
>thought I'd seen it before though. Checking the 1979-89 video that Dave
>sent out eons ago, I noticed that World of Tiers was listed. That's the
>same version. My tape also has levitation, but not icluded in the
>tracklist. There's also a note from Dave saying "Sorry it's late - extra
>track included by way of apology". So was levitation the extra track, or
>should I do more checking?
>
>Who's Gonna Win the War definitely isn't on that tape, or on any other
>that I can find, though I really could swear I've seen that piece of
>video before (though without the effects). Does anyone know if it's a TV
>studio and which?
>
>Bernhard? You're the expert on video stuff?
>
>FoFP
My version of the 1979-89 video

has clapper board at beginning of World of Tiers saying

EWART Television

Title - Hawkwind
VTR - K404
PART - World of Tiers