BOC/BRAIN/OFF: On Your Feet Or... What?

Sat Jul 29 20:19:57 EDT 2000

> 1.  This comes from a review of a Motorhead album, which I stumbled on
> accidentally (I'm not a Motorhead fan):
>
> "But some of the versions may leave a rather weird taste in your mouth. I,
> for one, have always loved the controlled evil of "Orgasmatron," but the
> song just doesn't have the same kind of antipated terror live.
> Likewise, "On
> Your Feet Or On Your Knees" and "Metropolis" (which I have yet to hear
> translated well on the stage) fall a bit flat."
>
> What _is_ all this? From what I know, OYFOOYK is, of course, a BÖC album,
> and Metropolis is a great Dream Theater tune which they recently
> "developed"
> (=stretched) to a length of a concept album.

Motorhead did a song called "On Your Feet" etc, on the SACRIFICE album from
1996 or so.  No doubt a nod to BOC, as is the umlaut in the logo.

"Metropolis" is the name of a song on OVERKILL, from 1978.  I expect there's
lots of songs with the same name - e.g., Amon Duul II did one on MADE IN
GERMANY in 1975.  No connection at all!

> 2.  Likewise accidentally, I noticed that, on the Black Sabbath
> Vol.4 album,
> there's a song called "St. Vitus dance". Is it the same song as on "Box of
> hammers", by tBS? There (on BoH), it says that it was written by Bouchard,
> Frost, and Meltzer, but it doesn't say when?! I think the Sabbath
> album was
> released in 1975 or so. Who _was_ St. Vitus, anyway?

No connection between the Sabs and tBS tunes.  "St Vitus' dance" is a sort
of nervous condition like epilepsy, which no doubt has a more proper medical
name these days.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk