OFF: Hippy Daze

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Jun 4 07:59:32 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Gadd <lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2000 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Hawkwind Family Box

> At 07:04 PM 6/2/00 +0100, Andy Gilham wrote:
>
> >I suppose naming yourself after a hobbit was cool in the 60s. ;)
>
> Yes, but when you were in a band which released albums with titles
like
> "My people were fair and had the wind in their hair, but now they're
content
> to wear stars on their brows", it seems a rather conservative name!

Thought it was "sky in their hair".      I remember seeing that album
when it first came out but was totally put off buying it after reading a
critique of a show they had done only a few weeks before as being "waste
of time, space and electricity".     Always regretted not buying it
though - mainly because I've no idea what it sounded like and I've been
curious ever since.

jill