HW: Calvert site progress addendum

Wed Jun 7 16:25:23 EDT 2000

From: "Tim Gadd"
> Incidentally, the medical problem is a sudden, dramatic worsening of my
> tinnitus. I'm not mentioning this to fish for sympathy, but as a real
> warning. I've had over 20 years.......

This is a serious thing - out of concern for the health of my ears I get
them looked at by a doctor every couple of years as it's easy to let things
go to the dogs where yuor ears are concerned. Recently what I thought was
tinnitus proved to be a wax build-up (the sign of a healthy ear believe it
or not) but I confess that it was not pleasant, and this comes from a guy
who uses headphones to review CD's every day. I find it's a question of
balance in the sense that if you do experience anything loud, you really do
have to let your ears adjust to normal before doing it again, but it's true
that, for many people, constsnt exposure to overly loud stuff will have
adetrimental effect - Tim, you have my sympathies and I wish you some sign
of improvement.
Andy G'b..