HW: Lemmy

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Jun 8 04:13:23 EDT 2000

At 02:05 AM 6/8/00 -0500, Dan Witt wrote:
>Well I checked out Motorhead tonight in Minneapolis, good show.  I
>figured I'd bring down the "The 1999 Party" for Lemmy to sign.  You know
>that cute picture of him on the last page of the booklet.  I get the
>thing to him to be signed and he had no clue what it was!  He spent a
>few minutes looking over the booklet as he had never seen it before,
>then signed it.  I just kind of figured he would've known what it was.

Do you really expect him to remember anything about those days? :)
I remember him saying that during the gig Silver Machine was first recorded
at, the roadies had to hold him and Dik Mik up and tell them which direction
the audience was. The list of drugs he claims to have taken was about a page
long.

(I also remember a 1988 interview where he responded to a question about
whether he had a driver's licence with "Would you, if you drank a bottle of
scotch a day?") (or something to that effect)

Tim
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania