HW: NTSC PAL MPEG

linuxchaos linuxchaos at NETSCAPEONLINE.CO.UK
Sun Jun 11 21:15:58 EDT 2000

Chris -

Theres loads of videos I'd like but due to different encoding this is
going to be a bit tricky -

My video plays NTSC would I need an NTSC TV? I think the video somehow
fools the TV into accepting NTSC as PAL? I suppose thats a question for
the video tech support, failing that we could do a swap and see if it
works.

What I want to do is encode the HW videos to MPEG DVD 9 then 1 concert
would fit comfortably on a CD-R. That would get round the compatibility
issue?

Does anyone know of any MPEG encoding cards? I dont like the miro ones
much are there any alternatives that would run on win2k or linux?

sorry to veer "OFF" on that.

    Ben