HW: cat among pigeons

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Jun 13 04:40:24 EDT 2000

Quote from Bob Calvert, from one of the clips on my site: Made in 1981, but
still topical today? Discuss...

"although there is still a band going around with that name, with Dave
leading it, I personally think that Hawkwind finished at the time of the
'Hawklords' album...

...I think it would be a far more dignified thing if the band were regarded
as something which had a magnificent sort of life, and terrific, long run as
a major band, and has now sort of broken up and gone into seperate units.
Dave Brock would be doing himself a favour if he formed a band of his own,
and called it something quite different from Hawkwind, and used it to
express his own musical direction, rather than sort of half-heartedly trying
to resurrect a dispersed spirit."

--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania