OFF: thin lizzy: does THIS settle it?

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jun 13 07:44:24 EDT 2000

On 13 Jun 00, at 0:40, Robert C. Mayo wrote:

> <<<According to CMC, the live THIN LIZZY album, One Night Only, will
> now be out on July 11th. Recorded in Europe last year with the band
> line up of John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Darren Wharton, Marco Mendoza and
> Tommy Aldridge, the album contains the following tracks: 'The Boys Are
> Back In Town', 'Jailbreak', 'Cowboy Song', 'Waiting For An Alibi',
> 'Don't Believe A Word', 'Cold Sweat', 'Emerald', 'Sun Goes Down', 'Are
> You Ready', 'Bad Reputation', 'Still In Love With You' and 'Rosalie'.
> The band will kick off their world tour on August 1st in Europe. The
> band were>>>
>
> OK then: not one original composition. CA$H IN!!!!
> tribute? ok, then say so.  lame...

It's sad to see this.  I think there's all kind of potential for this lineup,
but to use the TL name and play the old songs is nothing but corpse-
picking.  I know John Sykes's got lots of fans in Europe, so
somebody will buy the stuff--hell, I think he's a hell of a player, but I
can't see myself buying it...

theo