HW: cat among pigeons

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Tue Jun 13 09:23:16 EDT 2000

Too bad Bob felt that way, though he pretty much defined the HW sound through
the Charisma years - but not before or after.   Dave was and IS Hawkwind - the
thread that keeps it all together.

For that matter, Deep Purple is another band that went through several
line-ups (About four lead singers?)  while keeping the spirit  - aside from
"Come Taste  the  Band" ("Bolin-Coverdale-Hughes Band") and "Slaves and
Masters" ("Rainbow Revisited")  in particular.  In their case, either it was
Ritchie Blackmore or Ian Gillan who were the creative forces who earned the
right to call the band Deep Purple, IMO.