Off?: Spacerock Glossary

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 13 11:52:58 EDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 3:17:31 AM, Chuckrecs at AOL.COM writes:

<<
>  Time for Keith and you other spacerock freaks to clue some of us in on all
>  this spacerock terminology. Maybe this was covered before I joined in...?
===
nah, just last week wasnt it?

and i wonder why alla sudden _semantics_  are such a big deal.
with all due, or undue, respect,
spare we, the >>players<< your semantics...

lolol, in the '80s, the hardcore punk-types basically evicted my band from
their happy little cul-de-sac.  =koff=

so, like, lololol, 15 years later, maybe the space-rock contingent will (wish
they could) evict das ludicroix from _their_ happy little cul-de-sac.

i kinda think doug ( AP) walker wouldnt care too much about this quest for
the proper semantics; i know i bloody _dont_ care.  shoot, twixt he and moi
there's, like, over 50 years experience...and we'll be onstage together, at
the risk of improper semantics, 7/1 at mandelbrot, when m'sieu walker joins
us as part of das ludicroix.

so _why_ should _y'all_ care?

===

<<Just make up your own--that's what everyone else does! Actually, I know
people complain about these genre-labels, incl. myself, but I think the more
the better! >>
=
complaint submitted; spare the musicians your categorizations/cul-de-sacs,
comrade.
=
<<Words are inadequate to describe music (or anything else for that
matter) to begin with, but you definitely need 'em if you're gonna
communicate >>
==
Words, inadequate to describe music "or anything else?"
i'll just let this one stew a bit.....oy.....
==
<<and the more of these sub-sub-sub-to infinity-genre names there
are, the more you indicate that most good music/bands has/have its/their own
idiosyncrasies.>>
==
'idiosycrasies'? which comes _first_ here, folx? the music? the
'idiosyncratic' semantics? the cul-de-sac?
===

sub-sub-sub-fooey!, is what this one says:

a) _like_ it.  or
b) _don't_ like it

"<>"
==