HW - Language and the use of....

Tue Jun 13 13:52:00 EDT 2000

Just make up your own--that's what everyone else does! Actually, I know people complain about these genre-labels, incl. myself, but I think the more the better! Words are inadequate to describe music (or anything else for that
matter) to begin with, but you definitely need 'em if you're gonna communicate, and the more of these sub-sub-sub-toinfinity-genre names there are, the more you indicate that most good music/bands has/have its/their own idiosyncrasies.
Hey - I make a career out of this - without blowing my own trumpet (a good trick if you can do it), I'm often told that my review catalogues make some of the finest reading around, whether you buy things or not, so I guess the language must be there somewhere.....but then I never did find out how you become a real journalist!!!
a modest
Andy Garibaldi.
http://www.andygee.dial.pipex.com/highlite.htm