Re;Thin Lizzy advert!

Tue Jun 13 19:28:36 EDT 2000

> > that was an unabashed commercial! i've never seen one on the list
> > before; i know there are not alot of 'rules' here, but there are
> > certain expectations...? is this ok w/everybody? > And, I think Andy was
really making a joke anyway...
> Maybe you wouldn't be so offended if you didn't find the so-called
> Thin Lizzy album so heinous?  Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing it,
=============================
Ooops - done it again; sorry everyone, but for the second time since I
joined this merry band, I've let myself run away with it again - since this
whole Lizzy thing came up with the distributors last week, I was annoyed
enough then, but on this list here, I had to react, and obviously said the
wrong thing.
To end my part on this, I hate it when people react to a set of music
without hearing it first just because of the
****** band name. Isn't it the music that's the important bit - if it's
crap, let's make an opinion then - but to condemn it just because the lead
icon's dead seems a bit harsh.
BTW, if Hawkwind did a reunion gig without Dave Brock, what would that be
called (and that's serious, altho' funny comments will be most welcome!!)
Apologies to all who I may have offended,
Andy Garibaldi (trying to keep within the fence).

P.S. Bedouin new CD put back to September, but at least Harvey's being a
full-time member for the live dates in the autumn. For those in Germany this
weekend, try and catch the excitement of Spacehead doing a live set with Nik
Turner and Harvey Bainbridge as full concert members of the band - should be
a goodie!!!