HW: cat among pigeons

Tim Gadd lupercal at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Jun 13 20:30:27 EDT 2000

At 04:01 PM 6/13/00 -0700, colm mcwilliams wrote:
>i don't want to seem to dismiss most the output of
>hawkwind in the 80's and 90's but i personaly feel
>that hawkwind finished after live 79 was released.
>All there "greatest" albums i feel were produced in
>the 70's maybe with the exception of live chronicles.
>I think i can safely say that hawkwind never released
>a dodgy album in the 70's but looking at the 80's and
>90's i think you could list quite a few that fall in
>this catergory.

My rule of thumb is some of their 70's albums have a few dud songs on them,
and most of their 80's and 90's albums have a few good ones. *shrug* I'm
just weird though. To me, Lemmy's bombed out hollering 'Everywhere you
go-owo-wo-owo-wo-owo-wo-owo-wowowowowowowowo" on the 199 Party's 'It's so
Easy' is definitive Hawkwind greatness, and worth every bit of clever 80's
and 90's sequencer programming put together.
--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania