HW: a couple more song charts

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Jun 14 16:33:09 EDT 2000

OK, I promised "Psi Power" a while back (figure out the keyboard solo
yourself!), and Steve Pond's mention of the difficulty of the "Damnation
Alley" midsection got me motivated to figure that one out, too (damn!
that's a lot of chords!  no wonder!).  I've recently been on a roll of
charting out Hawkwind songs (being the guy in the cover band who has to
teach the songs to the rest will do this to you), so more (around a dozen?)
can be expected from me in the near future.  And thanks to Mike Holmes for
the lyrics file from which I grabbed all the words ...

DAMNATION ALLEY
( - Brock - Calvert - House - )
A                                   E    D
I've got the serum and I'm going to take it
A                                         E      D
All the way to Boston, oh I've got to get through
A                                         E    D
The going won't be easy, but I'm going to make it
It's the only thing that I'm cut out to do
Ride the post-atomic radioactive trash
The sky's on fire from that nuclear flash
A                                  E    D
Diving through the burning hoop of doom in an
eight wheeled anti-radiation tomb
C                             B
Thank you Dr. Strangelove for going do-lally and
E                                           D
leaving me the heritage of Damnation Alley, Damnation Alleyway

slow middle section / violin solo part:
A / / / C / B G A / / / / / / /
G / / / E / C B G A / / / / / /
C / / / D / B / A / / / / / / /
C / / / B / G / D / / / / / / /

"radiation wasteland" part:
A / / / C C / /

PSI POWER
( -Calvert- -Brock- )
Em           D
When I was a kid in school
They showed me symbols on a card
Em                         D
Then they sent them from a locked and bolted room
I had to fake that it was hard
Em              C
Circle, square, triangle, waves
I got them crystal clear by the hour
Em                        D
And all I said was "may I please take a rest?"
I didn't want them to know I was possessed
         C G
with Psi Power
    C G
Psi Power
    C G   D
Psi Power
      Em
I can read your mind like a magazine
I see where you're at

I know what you mean
I get all the secrets that you'd rather keep

bridge / keyboard solo part:
A# - C  (8 beats each)
Em - D - C  (as in verse: Em & D 4 beats each, C 8 beats)

Enjoy!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com