HW:OPEN FORUM WITH DAVE 2

XXX boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Wed Jun 14 17:27:16 EDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: John Cartledge <john.cartledge at SUNDERLAND.AC.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 6:07 PM
Subject: HW:OPEN FORUM WITH DAVE 2

> Hi Dave,
>
> Two quick questions:
>
> Like many others, I was hoping that given the bands past association
> with Michael Eavis and the high number of votes that the band received
> on the Glastonbury website, there was a good chance of you playing there
> this year. Sadly, it hasn't happened.
> Would you still like to play Glastonbury, or do you prefer playing the
> smaller, less commercial festivals.

We were negotiating to play Glastonbury, but we insisted on playing one of
the main stages and doing a full show, featuring many famous faces from the
past. Unfortunately, Nik's agent undercut us and offered his version of
"Hawkwind" at a much reduced profile, on one of the smaller stages. We felt
that if we were to play at Glastonbury, we owed it to the fans to put on a
proper, explosive show with all guns blazing. Glastonbury powers went for
the cheaper smaller option.
So Fuck them!!!!!!!!

> Secondly. Have you heard the Hawkwind 'pastiche' on the reissue of
> Porcupine Tree's Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape album? If so, what do you

No I have not heard it but if you would like to send me a