HW:OPEN FORUM WITH DAVE 2

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Jun 14 20:26:17 EDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Melvyn Vincent wrote:

=> So there I was at the Croydon Fairfield Halls gig which was barely a third
=> full.......thinking to myself...."there should be a lot more people here!"
=> If there had been fly posters around London or ads in the music
=> press....maybe you could have filled the place......and deservedly so!
=>  Apart from all of us old 'diehard' fans you shouldn't ignore the fact that
=> there are younger generations out there waiting to 'discover' HW.
=>
=> Basically...what I'm saying is that you (all) deserve to do better. So why
=> don't you invest some proper time and dosh in promoting youselves
=> better.(or get some company to do it for you........properly)
=> After all.......you all deserve it!!!!!!

As a simple suggestion, over on the Gov't Mule mailing list, their
management will sometimes solicit requests on the e-mail list for one or
two volunteers in each area on a tour to put up flyposters in the
locality.  In return, the management gives said volunteers a free ticket
to the gig, as well as supplying all the publicity material in advance.

I've found that this grass roots involvement in the success of the band
seems to work very well.  (There appears to be no shortage of
volunteers.)  The bottom line is that I've never been to a badly
attended Gov't Mule show yet, which is great for all concerned!

Maybe Hawkwind might bear this in mind?  (I'm sure there are willing
people on this list...)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu