HW: question for MR. BROCK

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Jun 16 18:50:16 EDT 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:44:45 +0100, Dave Berry <daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
>At 13:27 15/06/00, Doug Pearson wrote:
>>>and while it's true my main interest is the 'lemmy era',
>>
>>True for the majority, I'm sure.
>
>What, three whole studio albums out of the entire HW output?  I don't doubt
>that they're your personal favourites, but I do doubt that the majority
>agree with you.  If there's one thing that this list has taught me, it's
>that HW fans can't agree on *anything*.

Right you are.  I should have remembered the poll that was taken just last
November (where the "Lemmy" years tied for second place - and *I* actually
voted for the also-second-place-tied "Calvert" years instead).  But if you
actually *were* two or three opinions that (nearly) everyone could agree on
(of course, that's two or three opinions out of say, 100 listmembers times
an "average" of 50 opinions per member making for a total of about 5000
opinions where the other 4997 or 4998 are all disagreed on!).

quoted from:
http://listserv.spc.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind9911D&L=BOC-L&P=R6823&m=37161
>1969/71 (in the beginning)         0
>1972-75 (the Lemmy years)          4.5