Clarke's SF books

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Mon Jun 19 12:39:36 EDT 2000

At 18:29 19.06.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Bernhard Pospiech wrote:

>>I can't agree with that. As a very very big fan of ASIMOV, HEINLEIN and
>>CLARKE (I have all their books) I must say that the 4 RAMA books are best
>>SCIENCE FICTION I've ever read. Only the 15 FOUNDATION books are compareable
>
>Opinions differ. That's a good thing, or else we'd all listen to Britney
>Spears or the Backstreet Boys.
>
>The first Rama book was great IMHO and it really deserved its Hugo and
>Nebula Awards. But the last three don't have the same sense of wonder the
>first one had.
>Asimov is great and the Foundation-series rightfully belongs into the Hall
>of Fame of SF-literature, but I can't stand Heinlein. His
>pseudo-philosophical ("Starship Troopers" is the best example) babble and
>his right-wing-propaganda spoils most of his books for me.
>The best SF-books ever written IMHO are the "Dune" Chronicles by Frank
>Herbert and a lot of Roger Zelaznys work, especially "Lord of Light".

I agree with you that HEINLEIN problematic writer. I've only read his older
stuff. His newer books are chaotic. I do not like them!

btw: did someone had the chance to play the PC game based on CLARKES RAMA
books ?
A great one!

Bernhard