HW: Lemmy years

Mon Jun 19 17:28:38 EDT 2000

According to Pete Frame's ROCK FAMILY TREES, ROADHAWKS made #34, and "Silver
Machine" also made #34 on reissue in 1978.

In general, I can't choose between Dave's, Nik's, Bob's or Lemmy's vocals on
SM - although Bob's original live vocals as on GLASTONBURY FAYRE definitely
needed overdubbing by somebody...  but one of my favourite versions of
"Brainstorm" is the Calvert-led one on one of the Weird tapes.

The "Lemmy years" are just as much a misnomer as the "Calvert years" of
course...  and they're all the "Brock years!"  Perhaps we should talk about
the "Stacia years," which would neatly take us from Glastonbury Fayre in
June '71, until she left to get married in August '75.

Not an entirely serious suggestion, mind.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk