HW: Hawkwind is not Gong is not Hawkwind

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Jun 19 17:23:28 EDT 2000

Gong is not Hawkwind and Hawkwind is not Gong. Hurrah! Thank god for that!
Too brilliant bands, I highlighted Gong because their situation was similar
but on a different scale. Anyway for a band that have a lower profile they
gig and record regularly...and the output gets better all the time. Dave may
not be Daevid...heh, heh..but Daevid has had a recent influence. Glissando
guitar anyone, some nice gliss work there Dave. Whatever happened to the
planned Hawkwind/Gong US/UK tour in 94?

Dave

Xenon Codex revisited...I did, still horrible. Electric Tepee now that's a
different thing , I'll have to get the cd!
-----Original Message-----
From: ANDREW GARIBALDI <andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: 19 June 2000 19:08
Subject: Re: OFF: Filter, non-filter, cancer either way/ dont read
this/delete

No,Hawkwind aren't Gong, and Brock isn't Daevid Allen, but Allen has his
fingers in many musical pies, some of which I love, some of which I hate,
but at least he's still out there and after many bumpy rides, Gong are
stronger now than at any time since the '70's........and for thsoe who say
that the Hawks left good albums behind in the'70's, has anyone seriously
listened to all of 'Xenon Codex' lately? Go ahead - revisit that tonight and
tell me if it isn't one gem of a realHawkwind album.
Enough - supper's ready........
Andy Garibaldi